Thursday, January 15, 2009

ffffffrrreezing!

I live in Ontario. North of Toronto and right smack dab in between two lakes. It's called the snowbelt and believe me, it lives up to it's name.

But the one thing I'm definitely not used to is how cold it is right now. It's really cold. That would be -30 when I woke up this morning (sorry American friends, don't know what that is in your degrees....but it's cold).

It was so cold you can hear the snow crunching beneath your feet. You car barely starts (thank God I'm the one in the garage), and it takes FOREVER to warm up after work when you've been outside working in it all day. Your eyes water, your nose runs and your hands are numb within seconds of being outside. Within minutes you're in agony because your skin hurts. Fun, huh?

My parents are leaving for Mexico tomorrow and I'm very jealous. I'll be thinking of them when I shiver in the cold. The cold that's supposed to last until next week!

Enough of my griping. Here's a photo I took of my beloved City: Barrie, Ontario. You should Google it if you don't know it. It's very pretty and cool. And if you visit...come see me.

This pic was taken from my back deck. I love my view...in the summer though


No comments: