Sunday, March 29, 2009

One Amazing Woman...

On Friday night I was sitting here at my desk, writing a post for the blog, when I got the call. THE call no one wants to get.

My Sister was on the other line, "get to the hospital. Grandma is dying."

My Grandma is the rock of the family. We all expected her live into her 100's. She was strong, stubborn, spoke her mind and told it like was. We all new she had an infection, but didn't know that she would go in for surgery to remove it and never wake up again. That's what happened this weekend.

When I did the love story contest, there were some great stories. But I'll always remember the story of my grandparents. A war veteran who was still in the army is set up on a blind date with this beautiful farm girl. He loved her, but thought she was too good for him. They married, had four kids and tons of grandkids and stayed happily in-love for over 50 years until my Grandpa died four years ago.

My Grandma missed him terribly. Now, while we wish she was still here with us, he needed her with him.....and that is the one thing that gives me great comfort in all of this.

Here's to my Grandma, we will miss you.


Erma Jean MacGregor
1932-2009

No comments: