Thursday, March 12, 2009

Contest

There's just over a week left for the Love Story Contest.

Here's another one from Kristy. This is a story about how love has to come at the right time.....and for these two, it took it a while.


So, Will and I met about 5 years ago. He was the new manager at the golf course we worked at and I was the beer cart girl. The first time we met was on the golf course, him playing, me serving. He introduced himself and winked at me. I was so excited that I drove back to the club house and told all the girls there that the new hot manager had winked at me! To my dissapointment they informed me that he's 'a winker' and winks at everyone.

That summer we both dated other people and became friends. Near the end of the summer we both became single again but continued with our friendship as neither of us thought it could go anywhere as we were nearing the end of the summer. The last week at work at the resort we were talking and realized that we lived 5 minutes away from eachother in Unionville! Will immediately asked me out and we had our first date the day we moved back to Unionville.

About 2 months later Will moved to Halifax to finish up his degree. We both knew that he would have to go to Halifax all along and knew that we would have to break up. I hadn't realized how much I had fallen for him in just two short months together. We did stay in touch for the entire winter semester he was away.

In April Will decided to come back to the resort to work for the summer. I was so excited and thought for sure that we would get back together. But we didn't and I was devastated. I couldn't understand why things didn't just fall back into place.

In my fit of anger I decided to book a trip to New Zealand with a girl friend for the coming October for 6 months. All I wanted to do was get out of the country. About a week later Will and I were back together. I told him that I was not about to cancel my trip because of a boy. What if it didn't work out between us and I had cancelled my trip already?! Without doubt, we had an amazing summer togethor, and of course fell madly in love.

That September Will went back to school in Halifax and in October I left for New Zealand. This time we decided to stay together and make it work. The 6 months while I was away were some of the best but hardest times of my life. Will and I spent hours on end on the webcam together... we would even take naps together on it.

In April I returned home and flew out to Halifax the next day. I visited him for a week and then had to come back home. Will had to take a summer semester that year at school and wouldn't be home until the end of June. We had to wait 2 more months to see eachother! When he finally moved home we had another incredible summer togethor spending all our time catching up for the 10 months that we had spent away from eachother.

Our time away was tough but worth it. We are now finally living not only in the same country, but also city, and apartment togethor. We have our hard times but whenever we take eachother for granted we are easily reminded of the 2 years togethor that we barely saw eachother and our troubles seem so minor. We have also agreed never to spend time away from eachother ever again!


Get your stories in and you can win a free photoshoot with me!

No comments: