Saturday, July 4, 2009

Taking Chances

The other day I had the best conversation with my newest Bride Kimberlee who is getting married next August at the fabulous Tangle Creek Golf Course.

Not only did I make an immediate friend in this bubbly, happy bride-to-be, but I got the most incredible boost of confidence.....what she said to me put everything into context for me and made me incredibly humble.

Kimberlee had a hard time with another photographer who ridiculed her for not going with him and going with a photographer with less experience. She said she was following her gut when she hired me for the wedding....and that when she got out of college people took a chance on her so she was taking a chance on me.

Bam! No one ever put it like that before. I'm following my heart and doing what I'm absolutely in love with doing, but I never thought about it like that: people are giving me a chance.

For all the Brides, Grooms, families and little babies who allowed me to take your photos over the past two and a half years, please know it is an HONOUR. Thank you for taking a chance on me. And for my photography mentors, a huge thank you goes out to you: http://rowellphoto.com/ , http://enlightenedimages.ca/ ,

Thank you for teaching me, coaching me and helping this little girl out with big dreams.

And Kimberlee!!!! You're wedding is going to ROCK! I promise you that.































No comments: