Monday, May 18, 2009

Into the Wild

I can't tell you the first time this idea popped into my mind: wouldn't it be a good idea to photograph animal's fur and hang it in my home? Seriously, who thinks that? Secondly, who goes to the zoo with a zoom lens on her camera and really only gets shots of the animals' fur?

That weirdo would be me. I wanted these shots in my house so badly. Now that our baby's nursery is in a jungle theme, I thought it would be cool to put them on canvas and hang them. That's my thought....Tobin's could be entire different!

My gracious friends at the Elmvale Jungle Zoo allowed me to snap at my leisure as kids and parents ran around me. I loved it!

Not only did I get the shots I needed, but I was able to see some pretty amazing animals who all look so content and happy.

Here are a few shots, and most of them I played around with photoshop to see what kind of effect I could get.





















Jaguar






































































No comments: