Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sixteen and Totally Sweet

Do have a moment in your life when someone you knew quite well (sister, brother, in my case, cousin) suddenly grew up in front of your eyes? That happened to me last week.

My 16 year-old cousin Chelsea surprised me during our photo shoot last week. I thought of her as my cute little cousin, but once she got in front of the camera, I realized she wasn't my three old pal anymore. She's grown up into a very grounded, cool woman. That was a hard pill to swallow at first. But as the shoot continued I couldn't help but change the way I looked at her.

Going to the shoot, I was expecting her to make very pretty, smiley, cute poses. I got a few of those, but the other poses are what showed her true personality that is beaming with confidence.

As sad as it is to see Chelsea grow up, I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this new person I just realized she's become.








































1 comment:

Dana Morrison said...

Love these shots...love the red door....very creative....some of your best yet!