Thursday, December 17, 2009

Tis the Season for Awareness


This is a cause that is really close to my heart. For two years I've been on the committee for the local Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure, and I know how much all the fundraising events and efforts mean to those who have or who are still battling breast cancer.

You may remember a shoot I did with my cousin Brittany to highlight the vulnerability of Breast Cancer. Well, to make a bigger impact, and raise some money for the Weekend to End Women's Cancers, she asked me to take photos for a calendar she and her teammates are creating. I loved it!

With Brittany's Oma taking part (a four time breast cancer survivor), it was such fun to see the ideas come into fruition and to feel like we were really getting the message across. Everyone got involved. Britt's Mom, sister, daughter, niece, uncle and even her boyfriend.

Out of the 16 photos, here are some of my favourites. Details are to follow, and I really encourage you to purchase the calendar to help with such a worthy cause.



Probably my favourite shot of the day.


























Followed very closely by this one.



















Recognize those adorable feet? That's Cooper! My little model and do-gooder at 3 months.






















Gorgeous Brooklyn












































No comments: