Saturday, December 12, 2009

Help Portrait Barrie

Have you ever been a part of something that brings so much joy to a person that it actually makes you choke up? The simplest thing like doing someone's make up and putting them in front of a camera is what I, and a whole slew of photographers in Barrie did today as part of Help Portrait.

It's an international initiative to take portraits for free for those who would otherwise not afford it. I couldn't believe how excited these people were to have their photos taken by some of the area's top photographers.

While I didn't take any portraits, I was there to apply make-up (years in front of a tv camera helped out big time), and I took some candid, behind the scenes shots.

This is such a worthy cause, and I can't wait to do again. I loved the comaraderie between all the photogs and meeting some community members who were just so cute! This is the Christmas Spirit for sure.



Erika of Rowell Photography being interviewed.







The amazing lighting set ups




The cutest couple and Ryan of Rowell Photography




No comments: