Monday, April 20, 2009

It's my Birthday!

Yes, I'm pretty much shameless when it comes to my birthday. I was brought up to believe that your birthday is all about you. It's the only day throughout the year that is totally, completely yours. I threw big parties... had some amazing parties actually. I threw them every year. But this year is different. I'm 29 now, and something told me it's getting tacky to throw yourself a party!

Lucky for me, I have amazing friends and family who took me out for dinner on Saturday where we stuffed ourselves so full of food we were waddling out of the restaurant. Then a beautiful cake at my Aunt and Uncle's house. Yum....I can still taste it.

Even though this is a strange birthday for me....the last one I'll have in my 20's....and the fact that it's the first birthday ever where I couldn't drink because of the baby, I loved it.

Here's a picture of me at my birthday party a few years ago. See? I really do think today is all about me!



No comments: